Re: Minified javascript files

2012/8/17 Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org>:
> Part of the problem is that we lack good tools to do this extra work for us.
> Really, repacking shouldn't be a tedious operation, it shouldn't take more
> than 5 seconds, it shouldn't require writing two dozens lines of code and
> documentation. :(

ACK.

Should we write a tool that, once and for all, allows to automate the process?
I think workflow should something similar to:
* tool should receive an URI of the orig tarball
* tool should download and unpack the orig tarball
* tool should compare orig tarball with already clean sources
* tool should not consider file differences, just file removals
* tool should generate a policy-compliant get-orig-source target based
on the diff

Also, where to put this tool? Devscripts?