Re: Minified javascript files

Le vendredi, 17 août 2012 14.03:38, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> Maybe we should fix DFSG #2 to say “The program must include source code
> for all the files that gets installed in the Debian binary packages [...]“.

With this modification, upstream might then include (distributable) win32
executables (or whatever else) in their upstream tarballs and have them
distributed by the Debian mirrors network without us taking a close look at
them?

I don't see why we should only be looking at what we distribute in the
binaries we distribute and not in the sources: we are also distributing
"blessed" tarballs as a central part of our free software distribution. If we
stop doing that in "our" source tarballs, then why should be care about non-
recompiled blobs in our binary packages?

Cheers,

OdyX