Re: Minified javascript files

 ❦ 17 août 2012 09:39 CEST, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> :

>> 1. The license allows redistribution and modification of the
>> minified version without having the sources. Therefore, we are only
>> dealing with DFSG here.
>
> While jQuery license is permissive, it does impose certain
> conditions[0] on distributors. In my experience, upstreams often fail
> to fulfil these requirements.

Unmodified minified versions (downloaded from the website or from a CDN)
keeps the appropriate copyright notice. Minifiers also keep the first
comment which happens to be the license block, unless instructed
otherwise.

> [0] “The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
> included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.”

That's true that the permission notice is not included in the copy. But,
this is also the case for the version provided by jQuery and for the
version we provide ourselves in libjs-jquery.
--
die_if_kernel("Kernel gets FloatingPenguinUnit disabled trap", regs);
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c