Re: Minified javascript files

On 08/17/2012 01:24 AM, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  3. Repacking the original tarball just to remove those files is extra
>     work.

Yeah, just annoying everyone for a minified jquery in upstream
tarball is, to me, a bit too extreme to my taste as well, as we all know
where it's coming from, and even it would be possible to check that
its hash. However, I do respect this view, and I think you should as well.
I do not agree that this is so much work, once it is automated. Doing it
*once*, for example as a debian/rules target to produce the orig.tar.xz,
makes it manageable. Extra bonus points if on top of this, it makes you
use xz strong compression instead of less compressing gz / bz2.

Cheers,

Thomas