Re: RFC: terminate init script when service is ready

Bernd,

am Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 09:05:36AM +0200 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> On 08/06/2012 01:30 AM, Ulrich Dangel wrote:
> > On 08/06/12 00:35, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> >> systemd offers a solution but it is a complete rewrite of init, it's not
> >> mature nor compatible,
> > systemd supports init scripts which means it is compatible. It is IMHO also mature
> > as Distributions like OpenSuse or Fedora ship systemd per default.
> I would not consider stuff Fedora ships as mature. Fedora is a nice
> testbed for stuff that will get into RedHat some years later, and a nice
> distro for those who like the latest shiniest buggiest software.

please stop the FUD, thanks. There are things in Fedora that are more mature
there than in Debian and there are things that are the other way 'round.
Following some upstreams closely does not necessarily mean getting broken
stuff.

What you can say, for instance, is that Fedora is not aimed to be a solid
server platform. As far as I understand this is true. But to dismiss everything
other people in our nice Free Software world do as "they are shipping buggy
stuff" is insulting to those fine developers over there. Even if they might
have another focus than us.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern