tasksel is everybody's business (was: Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta1 release)

Quoting Ben Hutchings (ben@decadent.org.uk):

> I believe joeysel now selects Xfce as the default desktop.
           ^^^^^^^

I think this is a bit unfair.

OK, Joey's change from GNOME to XFCE hasn't really been discussed,
admitedly, and there is room for some debate.

But, please notice that 99,9% of the development cycle, nobody cares
about tasksel and what ends up in default installs. And basically, 2-3
people take care of tasksel.

Then, when the release is coming, we see plenty of good souls with
plenty of advices about how the default Debian install should look
like.

So, it's kinda hard to imply, as I have read here or there in the
recent days, since Joey did his very provocative change, that tasksel
is a one man's job with someone taking his own decisions without any
discussion.

No offense intended at you, Ben....I'm just reacting to your pun joke.

I wish all this (and the current hard time Cyril had in releasing D-I)
makes everybody aware of the very very bad shape of the D-I "team"
nowadays.