Re: Modified http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper to mention non-packagers (Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

Jon Dowland writes ("Re: Modified http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper to mention non-packagers (Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)"):
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:15:15AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > We are in the process of discussing a variety of constitutional amendments
> > to be raised by the tech-ctte that will hopefully end up creating a sort
> > of bundle of constitutional fixes to vote on.  Perhaps it would be good to
> > include in that a terminology standardization on member for the places in
> > the constitution that we refer to voting project members rather than
> > specifically people who upload software.
>
> Yes please!

I am not in favour of this change.  The point about a Debian Developer
is that the basis of their claim to the rights and responsibilities
enumerated in the constitution, is that they help develop Debian.

I don't think the word "Developer" implies that one can't develop
Debian in other ways than by directly editing software.

The word "member" is very weak and suggests that anyone might simply
choose to join and become a member.

Ian.