Re: Modified http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper to mention non-packagers (Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 06:00:21PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Yes, as the new wording is logically inconsistent.  *By definition* a Debian
> Project Member, as the term is being used here, is someone who has voting
> rights.  The term "Debian Developer" was being used to distinguish between
> project members who upload and those who do not.

I'm not convinced there's consensus on that terminology. Our constitution does
not talk about project members, and instead uses the word "developer". It would
be really good if we could avoid a terminology ambiguity proliferation about this.

--
I wrote a book on personal productivity: http://gtdfh.branchable.com/