Re: solving the network-manager-in-gnome problem

Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net> writes:

> A common interface would be nice. But what if there are multiple ways to
> disable a daemon (as mentioned by Tollef Fog Heen)? I think that it
> should be flexible enough so that the user can choose.

> IMHO it should also provide some logging mechanism for
> add/remove/enable/disable actions.

Personally, I would love to see us create a common tool that would perform
these sorts of actions for whatever init system one is using, whatever
that may be.  Maybe we can keep update-rc.d as that tool and teach it to
take appropriate action for systemd, upstart, etc., when run with disable
or enable arguments.