Re: Fixing the mime horror ini Debian

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 06:59:41PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 13 juillet 2012 à 16:26 +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:13:15PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > >
> > > see is obsolete.
> >
> > Says who?
>
> As your mailer made pretty clear, I am the author of the above sentence.

And you are speaking on behalf of whom?  If it is simply your private
opinion it is not worth as much as if Debian Release team would have
said something which is in conflict with Debian Policy (9.7 Multimedia
handlers; see is part of mime-support package).  A statement from
release team would be an interesting move but if it is only your
individual opinion that's not worth much.  While there is some evidence
that the Gnome team is ignorant about this part of the policy (see for
instance #658139 and the according discussion here on debian-devel list)
I do not think that it makes sense to discuss policy issues while freeze
time and you should simply accept our rules even if your private opinion
might be divergent.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--