Fixing the mime horror ini Debian

Hi everyone,

can we somehome make $subject a target for the *next* release?
It is ridiculous that it is in fact completely arbitrary what
program is used to open files. Currently in my gnome-shell
pdfs are opened with a file-manager, as well as .txt files, as
well as anything.

That is when using xdg-open or gnome-open of gvfs-open.
When I try see, in contrast the funny okular from KDE
is started, together with these very useful services of KDE.

So maybe someone can explain what are the problems, that these
things are simply not fixd. Cannot be so complicated, right?

Best wishes

Norbert
TIDPIT (n.)
The corner of a toenail from which satisfying little black deposits
may be sprung.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff