Re: Recommends for metapackages

On 12-07-12 at 10:28am, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> I'm maintaining a package which upstream delivers as all in one
> (600MB) and refuses to support splitting. I've split it into 22
> packages because I know and got requests from users who want to have
> it in machines with small disks and/or low internet.

I guess you are referring to lazarus.

<sarcasm>
Oh horror: The meta-package lazarus-0.9.30.4 forces 70MB of
documentation down my throat!  That's not freedom of choice, that is
outragous!  That package should only recommend its dependencies, for
those 1-2% custom users needing the convenience of the meta-package
without the burden og that documentation part.
</sarcasm>

As with any package available in Debian: Just don't install it if you do
not like what the package does!

It really is that simple!

 - Jonas