Re: Recommends for metapackages

Noel David Torres Taño <envite@rolamasao.org> (11/07/2012):
> > Your view is irrelevant here: GNOME project considers it essential.
>
> Gnome view is the one irrelevant. This is Debian GNU/Linux, not Gnome
> GNU/Linux. We need to care for our users (both proficient and novice [1]),
> not for Gnome developers desires. And if they had a flawed design we can
> patch, we should do as we do with any other flawed software.

Blah blah blah. What matters is the maintainers' views (as long as
common sense applies). They chose to follow upstream's choices, which is
usually a sane thing to do (unless upstream is crazy).

Now if you don't like those choices, pick your own packages yourself,
build your own meta package, or whatever.

Plenty of RC bugs to submit patches for. Surely more interesting than
those meta packages, right?

Mraw,
KiBi.