Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

]] Thomas Goirand

> > None of those provide well-working multi-user video chats, which was
> > what the discussion started with.
>
> I don't agree. Have you ever tried BBB or SIP video?

Yes, I've used both BBB and SIP professionally.  They don't work
particularly well across the wide internet.  They can work reasonably
well in a small, well-controlled network.

> Have you ever asked questions on IRC while watching a debconf
> presentation, live videos feed (open source powered)?

Yes, and this is something else entirely than having a multi-user
meeting.

> All of these work very well. It may (or may not) be harder to
> setup, that's right (freedom has a price after all...).

IME, they don't.  They're unstable, they require fiddling with
firewalls, the clients are generally crap, they don't tolerate packet
loss (HTTP-a-like over UDP, who on earth got that idea?)

> > Nobody has proposed to advocate for google to keep google+ non-free
> > either, so I don't know why you're constructing this strawman.
> >
> Yeah, right! Nobody in Debian has asked M. Balmer to open source
> Microsoft windows. Maybe you should propose yourself for such a
> job if you think that's realistic.

I don't know why you keep proposing more and more outrageous strawmen.

I'm unlikely to continue this discussion, I think it's exhausted itself
and I'm bored of you trying to peg completely insane ideas on me.

--
Tollef Fog Heen