Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On 06/21/2012 10:09 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> It's all about perspective, though.  We use free tools where we can, and
> we try to build free tools where it makes sense.  I don't see anybody
> suggesting that we stop having debconf because the only way to get there
> for most people is to use non-free software (the server side software
> that books your train or plane ticket is not free, nor is the software
> that runs your car, the coach that gets you to the airport and the
> airplane itself).

For the booking of tickets, (public system) car software, etc., we
have no choice. But for being connected together, we do:
- IRC
- Jabber
- Mumble
- BBB (though you need the non-free flash player)
- Many SIP solutions (some with video)

Also, nobody here ever has proposed to *advocate* for the plane
and bus companies to use non-free software (unless you are... ^-^).

Oh, and if you know any airline using Debian, let us know! :)

Cheers,

Thomas