Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On 06/25/2012 07:38 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Thomas Goirand
>

>> For the booking of tickets, (public system) car software, etc., we
>> have no choice.
>>
> Sure we have, you can always use a bike or your feet or a sailboat.

What does this has to do with using Hangout??? Come on, that is
becoming silly.

>>  But for being connected together, we do:
>> - IRC
>> - Jabber
>> - Mumble
>> - BBB (though you need the non-free flash player)
>> - Many SIP solutions (some with video)
>>
> None of those provide well-working multi-user video chats, which was
> what the discussion started with.

I don't agree. Have you ever tried BBB or SIP video? Have you ever
asked questions on IRC while watching a debconf presentation,
live videos feed (open source powered)?

All of these work very well. It may (or may not) be harder to
setup, that's right (freedom has a price after all...).

> Nobody has proposed to advocate for google to keep google+ non-free
> either, so I don't know why you're constructing this strawman.

Yeah, right! Nobody in Debian has asked M. Balmer to open source
Microsoft windows. Maybe you should propose yourself for such a
job if you think that's realistic.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)