Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On 24/06/12 17:35, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On 12-06-24 at 05:24pm, Philip Ashmore wrote:
Anyway, I guess what I would look for, to share the bug squashing
atmosphere with others, is a YouTube video summarising the event,
maybe magazine style - it doesn't have to show someone actually
squashing a bug, but it might help highlight the community spirit, and
a video would be something I would click on to take a break from
reading text.

Sounds like a great idea.

Please consider contacting the Debian video team to instead/also
distribute video content via http://vide.debian.net/ - and coordinate
with them which formats to use (to avoid loosing quality from too many
lossy conversions if initially published files are in formats
inappropriate for Debian redistribution).

  - Jonas
That should be http://video.debian.net/

I see an ogv file in http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2012/bucharest-talk/debian_ceata.ogv : 370MB - not the friendliest way for people to browse files - some snippets on YouTube would help with publicity here.

Since I'm not in the position to decide how to trim this down (or even if it needs trimming) I'm sorry to say that I can't do this myself.

Something like this should be on Debians main web page.

Philip