Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:00:13 +0100
Philip Ashmore <contact@philipashmore.com> wrote:

> On 22/06/12 07:12, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > On 06/21/2012 10:39 PM, Jon Dowland wrote:
> >> Fair enough - but let's not lob hand grenades at people who might find it
> >> useful. Let them get on with it if they want to.
> >>
> > Sorry, but it's fair enough to "lob hand grenades" at people suggesting
> > non open source solutions, useful or not. Feel free to get on them if you
> > wish, but please do not suggest it inside Debian.
> >
> > Thomas

> So physically travelling to a potentially distant location for a bug
> squash is the Debian way?

Yes, it's a lot more fun to work alongside others and you get to have
some beer with new friends, your patches benefit from direct
contributions of others around the same table and there is always room
for more social involvement between people in Debian. We all spend too
long alone with just a laptop for company.

Bug squashing parties are *social* events where bugs happen to get
fixed.

If everything was to be done only remotely there would be no bug
squashing parties at all. There might be lots of bugs fixed but that
isn't a party.

--

Neil Williams