Re: Debian documentation permalinks

On 30/05/12 17:45, The Fungi wrote:
> On 2012-05-30 17:35:14 +0100 (+0100), Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>> Isn't it possible to extract those from snapshot.debian.org
>> per-release/per-time ?
>
> Sure, or archive.d.o, but at my day job a lot of the admins I work
> with would be hard-pressed to be able to retrieve and extract the
> docs from an arbitrary DEB without a lot of instruction... they're
> just fine with using Web browsers though since that's how they get
> to "the Google" already.
>
> It sounds like Ubuntu already have a good solution at manpages.u.c,
> and have worked through a lot of the tougher issues (like
> internalionalized indexing, which I hadn't even thought about).

What I said was a comment w.r.t. bsd's manpages are core to their system.

As in, since we have snapshot.debian.org can we not use that platform to
extract and serve useful stuff over http directly / easily viewable,
e.g. manpages using ubuntu's or some other code. And/or possibly change
logs / news files, etc.

As in, snapshot.debian.org is just as central to debian infrastructure
as things bsd has in place.
--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.