Re: Debian documentation permalinks

On 2012-05-30 17:35:14 +0100 (+0100), Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Isn't it possible to extract those from snapshot.debian.org
> per-release/per-time ?

Sure, or archive.d.o, but at my day job a lot of the admins I work
with would be hard-pressed to be able to retrieve and extract the
docs from an arbitrary DEB without a lot of instruction... they're
just fine with using Web browsers though since that's how they get
to "the Google" already.

It sounds like Ubuntu already have a good solution at manpages.u.c,
and have worked through a lot of the tougher issues (like
internalionalized indexing, which I hadn't even thought about).
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);