Re: Debian documentation permalinks

On 2012-05-30 13:20:24 +0100 (+0100), Philip Ashmore wrote:
[...]
> By the way, this extends to man/info pages too, but as they're
> versioned, you can refer to a specific version through the package
> version.
[...]

I've always liked the way OpenBSD provides Web-indexed manpages
versioned by OS release, so I can refer someone to documentation for
a particular command in the context of how it worked and what
options it supported as of a particular stable release version.

Granted, they have the luxury that their manpages for the core
distirbution are aggregated together in any given release already,
not scattered amongst numerous individual packages.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);