Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useful

On 28/05/12 08:15, Miles Bader wrote:
> Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> writes:
>>> This is indeed a valid point. But that’s no regression; /tmp has
>>> always been for small short-lived files, and /var/tmp for those
>>> that are not one of them or not both.
>> You just made up this difference.
> No he didn't, it's common practice from unix-days-of-yore (though it
> was /usr/tmp or whatever back then...).
> -miles

common practice? sorry I don't know about any standard which such name.

Can you link here any document which says that its recommended the use
of /tmp for "small" files?

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez                           http://neutrino.es
Igalia - Free Software Engineering                http://www.igalia.com