Re: Packaging on GitHub ?

On Sat, 26 May 2012, Jon Bernard wrote:
> > I see that there is already a Debian account on GitHub
> > (https://github.com/debian), currently empty.  Does it belong to a Developer ?
> > Would it be availble to maintain the euca2ools package in ?

if there is no reply here it might be worth contacting github support
trying to figure it out or to reclaim it.  Usually they are quite open
and supportive (although I never had to deal with reclaiming)

> the utilities that Github provides. You could always use Alioth as the primary
> repository and keep an updated mirror on Github just for this sort of thing.

yeap -- FWIW I have been using such setup for many projects.  With a
help of few git aliases pushing to multiple repositories becomes very
easy to keep them in sync.

little hint -- for your clone on github in Admin page you can change the
default branch to point to 'debian' or whatever it would be if not
master where packaging would reside.

Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik