Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs is fine

Chow Loong Jin dixit:

>On 25/05/2012 18:20, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
>> Double-click on a .tar causes it to be unpacked in /tmp/something.
>> I suppose a lot of not so skilled users do that instead of tar -xf
>
>That doesn't seem to happen with file-roller. Perhaps you need to file a bug

Hm. mc does put things into /tmp as does debdiff, but the latter
at least honours TMPDIR (and --no-unpack-tarballs).

But in the very most cases, I *do* want them to be extracted in
/tmp as they “usually” fit. So I’d rather have a heuristic put
into the file manager whether to set TMPDIR before calling the
extraction utility (or which tmpdir to use if it designates the
extraction place by itself). mc maintainers, are you listening?

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."