Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:27:15PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Guillem Jover wrote:
> > Only as long as the debian/control information matches the one from
> > the archive override.
>
> I checked, and currently the only base package with an overridden priority
> is libsigc++-2.0-0c2a

So, would it be safe to make dpkg-deb default to xz if priority is <
important for wheezy?

My point is, the sooner this change is made, the more of the pre-release
upload spike will benefit from reduced package size.  It can be then changed
by either improving debootstrap (unlikely due to old versions) or the
base-ness check.

Also, lintian currently doesn't complain if a base package uses xz.  Should
it?  This check wouldn't be very useful since priority override is the only
interesting case, though.

--
“This is gonna be as easy as cheating on an ethics exam!”
    -Cerise Brightmoon