Re: big .debian.tar.xz - EG Wordpress

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 05:53:11PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have somewhere on the Debian servers for storing such
> > files so that they can be referenced in a README file or something rather than
> > sent to everyone?  I'm sure that most people who build a Wordpress package
> > won't use them.
>
> If I downloaded a source package and didn't get source I would be most
> unimpressed.

Seconded!

If you say "download some, and ignore the others in most cases", please
consider that in the case you really find out that you need the source,
you'll most likely be offline, and cannot do much about it (Murphy's
laws apply generously).

So I'd say, better get the whole chunk in one go to be safe.

Imho, much of the value of being entitled to have source is in actually
having it, instantanously, as opposed to merely having a legal option to
get it somehow, sometime.

Of course, YMMV.

Kind regards,
--Toni++