big .debian.tar.xz - EG Wordpress

I just downloaded the source to Wordpress from Squeeze, it's got a 14M
.debian.tar.xz which is mostly sources for things that are included in the
upstream tarball.  The build process appears to only use the upstream tarball
code so the 13MB of data in the debian/missing-sources directory isn't used
for building.

It is a really good thing to have upstream sources available as dictated by
the GPL (well done to whoever did that).  But that availability doesn't
require that they be in the source package.

Would it be possible to have somewhere on the Debian servers for storing such
files so that they can be referenced in a README file or something rather than
sent to everyone?  I'm sure that most people who build a Wordpress package
won't use them.