Re: debuild/dpkg-buildpackage behaves not as expected

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 04:23:05PM +0200, Olе Streicher wrote:
> Unpatching the sources *before* the build process was cleaned up makes
> no sense to me at all. Could you provide a use case for that?

As was described in #649531:

  vcs clone <repository with unpatched source>
  cd repo
  ... tweak a little ...
  dpkg-buildpackage; # applies patches, builds, and unapplies patches
  vcs diff; # looks good?
  vcs commit

> > dpkg-source leaves the source in the same state it finds it before
> > build.

I think Goswin meant dpkg-buildpackage here.

> because it does *not* leave the sources in the same state.

Yes, it does.  If you started with patches applied, then they will still
be applied after calling "dpkg-buildpackage".  If you didn't have
patches applied, then "dpkg-buildpackage" will apply the patches, build
and unapply the patches.

--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>