Re: big .debian.tar.xz - EG Wordpress

[Russell Coker]
> Would it be possible to have somewhere on the Debian servers for
> storing such files so that they can be referenced in a README file or
> something rather than sent to everyone?  I'm sure that most people
> who build a Wordpress package won't use them.

As Paul Wise said, best if we _do_ build things from source rather than
relying on upstream binaries.

But beyond that, if there is to be a separate place to put "all the
WordPress source we want to provide but you probably don't really
need", for GPL reasons, it needs to be on all the mirrors alongside the
source package you _do_ install.  Not on some other website.

So I guess that brings us to a .dsc that can reference multiple
upstream tarballs (already possible, of course) but mark them such that
by default you only download or unpack _some_ of the tarballs.

The other option of course is to split wordpress into two source
packages, and move all the "users probably don't ever need to rebuild
this" stuff into the second source package and its corresponding binary
package, which regular wordpress can depend on.