Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 11:30:12PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On May 12, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
>
> > Thus, let's just switch dpkg-deb's default to xz.  Lowering bandwidth usage
> > is worth the extra build time cost.
> Agreed, this looks like a good idea.
>
> --
> ciao,
> Marco

The only problem with xz as a default: I can currently unpack a .deb on any Unix system which has ar - and I did, no more than a week ago,
in order to find Debian documentation and licences to pass to "legal people". xz might, potentially, cause more problems.

All the best,

AndyC