Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

Hey folks,

Remembering the fun that we had during the Squeeze release with trying
to make single-CD installations work well, it's time to consider what
we're going to *claim* to support in Wheezy. We've had a history of
supporting the following single-CD installations:

 * Gnome desktop from CD#1
 * KDE desktop from "KDE CD#1"
 * XFCE desktop from "light CD#1"
 * LXDE desktop from "light CD#1"
 * base system only from netinst CD

At this point, I'm skeptical that either of the first two are going to
work acceptably with Wheezy. If that's the case, then we should warn
people that they will need to use at least one of:

 * more CDs
 * a DVD
 * a network mirror

to get a useful/useable installation.

Gnome/KDE people: if you *can* do a single-CD installation for Wheezy,
please say so. If not, we'll need to make sure we get documents
updated (like the Release Manual), and maybe even consider extra
release images (e.g. a 2GB USB stick image).

Talk to me, please...

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back