Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On May 14, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> Ie, the problem is not in d-i, but in running debootstrap on foreign
> systems.  And that's indeed not easily fixable :(
Do we actually have an official debootstrap package for foreign systems?
We could ship a static busybox with it and solve this and other issues.
(I know, not all the world is a VAX, etc... But we cannot solve *every*
problem.)

If the problem is "foreign systems without xz" then we will never be
able to use XZ for base.

--
ciao,
Marco