Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

Le 14/05/12 12:39, Michael Biebl a écrit :
> On 14.05.2012 12:30, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Let's keep providing CDs as install medium, because it is still relevant
>> for some (and, I vaguely feel, not only exotically few) real use cases
>> to install non-bloated desktop at places with flaky/expensive Internet.
>
> Having different default desktops installed depending on which install
> media you download, sucks.
>
> Michael

Not if you label the media properly:

"Light Desktop CD1"
"Standard Desktop CD2" (to be downloaded in addition to CD1)

"Standard Desktop DVD1"

"Netinst"
etc...

It looks to me that people who really need to refrain from downloading
more than a single CD are likely to possess older hardware and therefore
to prefer a lightweight desktop anyway.

Regards, Thibaut.