Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> On 05/12/2012 03:19 AM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
>> It's perfectly able to notice changes
>> in /lib/systemd too, or pretty much anywhere else.
>>
> I thought these were only default which we shouldn't
> have to care about?!? :)

You don't change defaults, but if you get notified when they do change,
that's nice. I personally don't care, because there's only two things I
override (syslog.service and media.mount), and I couldn't care less of
the default in either case. :P

But since there were a lot of "but if it changes I get no
notification!!!1!" shoutings going on in here, I figured I'll mention
that this solution is suitable for that notification purpose as well.

It will notify you of all two cases that'll happen in the next year or
two! >:)