Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> You're pretty much just saying that dpkg and helpers like ucf have
> implemented better functionality than rpm. I don't see how that's
> relevant to the discussion.

The reason why it is relevant is because in the etc-overrides-lib
model you are unable to trivially merge local changes with upstream or
packaging changes unless you add additional logic in the postinst to
handle etc-overrides-lib. Having configuration files in /etc and using
ucf or similar enables you to deal with this problem easily.

Don Armstrong

--
THERE IS NO GRAVITY THE WORLD SUCKS
 -- Vietnam War Penquin Lighter