Re: Node.js and it's future in debian

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org> wrote:
> Please understand, it is not a "reluctance to undergo this transition."
> I am being asked to make Debian incompatible with the previous 13 years
> of functionality, and cause a significant impact on a user community.
> This is not something that should be done lightly or without considerable
> thought and preparation.  The first part of that process is convincing
> me and the ham community (e.g. upstream) that the necessity of the change
> is real, and the benefits outweigh the costs.

It has been said many times that the impact on users will be limited
as node is not meant to be called directly but by inetd. You and other
members of the ham radio community seem to feel that there would be an
impact on its users. Perhaps pointing to some specific use cases that
will be impacted would help the rest of us understand the issues your
user would face?

Apologies if you've covered this elsewhere (I've read this thread but
not all of the past ones).

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>