Re: Node.js and it's future in debian

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 03:00:46PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> That community is much smaller, and the binary isn't invoked directly by
> users, which makes the impact fairly minimal in practice.

Can you support that assertion with data?  I'm not talking installed
instances in Debian, but in the overall world community?  How many
people use Node.js?  I had never heard of it until this came up,
and I work in IT with web development teams.

I can find numbers of potential node users by examining the number of
active amateur radio licenses and make educated guesses as to how many
may be using the ham radio node software as either a user of the system
or a system provider/administrator.

FWIW, the bug log from Node.js when they examined the Debian installations
of each found them to be a similar number as reported by popcorn.  (N.B.
I don't put much stock in popcorn's numbers because it can be opted out of)

Pat