Re: [pkg-lighttpd] Changing the default document root for HTTP server

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>> I'd use ht instead of html. Not every ht file is a html file.
>>
>> We should consider vhosts as well. Lighttpd defaults to
>> /srv/<host>/htdocs (for mod simple vhost). ht instead of htdocs might
>> be better.
>>
>> We could use /srv/default/ht as the default doc root.
>> FHS: /srv : Data for services provided by this system. The methodology
>> used to name subdirectories of /srv is unspecified as there is
>> currently no consensus on how this should be done.
>>
> Moving to anywhere outside of /var is a bad idea because this might
> fill up space on the rootfs, while /var is traditionally (at least on
> servers) a separate partition.

That's what you get with silly partitioning. :p
FHS says /srv contains site-specific data which is served by this system.
Besides, it's the admin that's going to populate the space, so if it's
not enough, he can change the location.

--
Olaf