Re: wine-unstable in Debian

  Hi!

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 11:23:47PM +0200, Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> I'm going to be brief:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/09/msg00177.html> (short version of
> my motivation behind those packages).

  I have read that post originally, it explained well why you created
the packages but not why they are not simply merged into Debian.

  As I understand it now, you are neutral about their inclusion, i.e.
there is no technical reason the packages couldn't be uploaded to Debian
until Ove's version is ready, but you aren't interested in investing
your personal time in this effort?

Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> At <http://bugs.debian.org/585409> you will find more recent status
> updates, and you will also see that progress is being made.

  Thanks, I have read through that bug report.

  I am rather dazzled that while there is working source package
of wine-1.5 ready, other people are working on gradually packaging
wine-1.1.x releases; I don't quite follow the reasoning behind that
except Ove's mention of "QA resons".

  Also, it seems the current direction of that discussion is still to
make the package "perfect" first and upload it then rather than vice
versa, which seems unfortunate to me, but I'm still glad that there is
a recent surge of activity!

  Best,

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis