Re: [pkg-lighttpd] Changing the default document root for HTTP server

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Arno Töll <arno@debian.org> wrote:
> Thus, to summarize once again: I'd like to change the default directory
> served by web servers from /var/www to /var/www/html along with
> remaining web servers in Debian.
>
> Comments?

I'd use ht instead of html. Not every ht file is a html file.

We should consider vhosts as well. Lighttpd defaults to
/srv/<host>/htdocs (for mod simple vhost). ht instead of htdocs might
be better.

We could use /srv/default/ht as the default doc root.
FHS: /srv : Data for services provided by this system. The methodology
used to name subdirectories of /srv is unspecified as there is
currently no consensus on how this should be done.

Please CC me
--
Olaf