Re: usefulness of ITPs (Re: mosh ITP not done, just package name taken over)

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> writes:

> Jean-Christophe Dubacq <jcdubacq1@free.fr> writes:
>> What about a dev. script that would be run in debian/ and would parse
>> debian/control and send the ITP? I can write that!

Yes please.

> The Perl group already has a script that does this: examples/get-itp
> in git.debian.org:/git/pkg-perl/scripts.git.  I don't use it myself and
> it might not work that well with non-pkg-perl packages.
>
> Regards,
> Ansgar

Please integrate this with reportbug. It should be possible to report an
ITP with reportbug and have it look up most of the information
automatically in debian/control and debian/copyright.

Even better would be if it supports RFS as well.

MfG
        Goswin