Re: On init in Debian

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:09:57AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>> Well, wicd has its own bugs, such as preventing a laptop from
>> suspending.

Works for me; I've never had any trouble at all suspending my laptop and
I've been using wicd for years.  (The laptop tracks unstable.)

> Or an absolutely horrible UI,

Works for me, but a matter of taste, of course.  :)  I like it much better
than the NM GUI.

> no helper for vpns,

Haven't tried.

> auto-reconnection not working after a connection loss (works at boot,
> fortunately),

Works for me and tested regularly.  Be sure that you have the
"automatically connect to this network" option selected.

> randomly taking 30 seconds to shutdown,

Works for me.

> and not able to connect to WPA enterprise.

Pretty sure this worked for me, but it's not something I use regularly.

> And this is not just years-old hearsay, like most complains about NM,
> it's first-hand experience with the package currently in
> wheezy/unstable.

> I could file bugs, but I have so many problems that I'm better off
> switching to NM.

Well, it seems like you should file bugs if you can, because a lot of
these are not universal problems and therefore probably aren't known
issues.