Re: Quilt patch for patching things in the debian folder

On 03/07/2012 06:33 PM, Neil Williams wrote:
> Even with such calls, I don't see how to remove a single line from
> a .install file using dpkg-vendor. (Typically this is necessary when
> the line in question contains a wildcard but the modified build means
> that no files can exist which match said wildcard.)

What you would do in such case is renaming debian/*.install into
something like install.in, then you would do a sed or something
similar so that you can replace a variable by the content depending
on the return of dpkg-vendor.

$ cat debian/install.in

then in your debian/rules

  if dpkg-vendor--derives-from ubuntu ; then \
    sed s|__BAR__|<whatever>| debian/install.in >debian/install \
    sed s|__BAR__|<you-like>| debian/install.in >debian/install \

Of course, cleaning debian/install in the clean target is a
good idea too.

If you need to remove a single line, just don't do that, instead
replace __BAR__ by nothing.

There must of course be many other ways to do that.