Re: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Arno Töll <debian@toell.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 05.03.2012 14:31, Fernando Lemos wrote:
>> I believe people don't go to http://www.debian.net/ often, as it
>> redirects to http://www.debian.org/. If we come up with a splash
>> for debian.net, people that visit mentors.debian.net, for example,
>> will not see it.
>
> with all due to respect, but I'd prefer if mentors.debian.net weren't
> repeatedly compared with completely unrelated external archives like
> Dotdeb or Debian Multimedia.
>
> If we feel like debian.net domains should emphasize their
> non-affiliation with the Debian project as a whole, be it. But I'd ask
> you not to mix-up and confuse debian.net projects with other stuff
> discussed in here. Thanks.

I didn't mean to compare m.d.n to any other debian.net subdomain, it
was just the first subdomain I could think of. That said, I don't see
why mentors.debian.net should be treated differently from any other
*.debian.net domain. It is very useful and very important to Debian,
but it's still an unofficial subdomain.

Please note nobody is comparing m.d.n to d.m.o. There are two
discussions going on in this thread.

Regards,