Re: mass bug filing of 'ucf: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

]] Roger Leigh

> Just FYI, please see #659451.  I've split the UTC variable into
> /etc/default/hwclock, which means /etc/default/rcS can become a
> regular dpkg conffile (in current git only for now).  This needs
> support in d-i clock-setup (done) and util-linux (pending) before
> upload.

I really wish we could just use /etc/adjtime instead, from hwclock(8):

  The format of the adjtime file is, in ASCII:

  Line 3: "UTC" or "LOCAL".  Tells whether the Hardware Clock is set to
  Coordinated Universal Time or local time.  You can always override
  this value with options on the hwclock command line.

Tollef Fog Heen