Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 05:36:00PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:

>> “Dictator” is probably a bad term. See this as a chairman. Someone who
>> can judge when consensus has been reached, and mark a DEP as accepted.
>> This would avoid the countless and boring nitpicks by people who still
>> want to discuss after the consensus has been reached.

> DEP0 calls these people drivers. Their job is to determine when a rough
> consensus has been reached.

I think the concern that people have here (and I'm not sure yet whether it
is enough of a concern to warrant creating more administration) is that
the DEP driver is almost certainly going to have a vested interest in the
DEP reaching consensus (otherwise they wouldn't have volunteered to drive
it in the first place), and therefore isn't a great choice for an
impartial judge of consensus if there's some dispute.