Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 03:07:08PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> just because that you didn't get any reports you should not set a status
> to ACCEPTED. IMHO the driver of a DEP should not do that at all, at
> least not without asking on common lists first. No reaction on your DEP
> could just mean that people consider it as a waste of time or don't like
> your format.

Who should have that authority, then? The DEP-0 proposers?  Since the whole DEP
process itself is  still in CANDIDATE, we could end up in an interesting
situation if/when it comes to migrate *that* to ACCEPTED ☺

DEP-0 merely says

> consensus exists that the implementation has been a success

Perhaps that needs unpacking.

--
Jon Dowland