Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Le Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 09:38:29AM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I think the concern that people have here (and I'm not sure yet whether it
> is enough of a concern to warrant creating more administration) is that
> the DEP driver is almost certainly going to have a vested interest in the
> DEP reaching consensus (otherwise they wouldn't have volunteered to drive
> it in the first place), and therefore isn't a great choice for an
> impartial judge of consensus if there's some dispute.

Hi Russ,

judging by the current status list DEPs, the problem is more stalling than
accepting them too early.  I admit that as DEP admins, we have not done a good
job at pinging DEP drivers.  Because of the current confusion of roles on DEP
5, that I push as a driver, I am waiting for its completion before pinging
other DEPs as admin.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy