Re: Removing web server dependencies from web apps

On 2012-01-10, Milan P. Stanic <mps@arvanta.net> wrote:
> Ubuntu, which was intended for desktop already have server variant and I
> can't see a reason why Debian couldn't have something like that, i.e.
> variant for unexperienced users and another one for servers.

There is no server variant, or at least I wouldn't go that far to call it a
variant given that it's mainly branding and install media that's affected.  It
only differs in the set of packages installed by default and the kernel that
gets installed[1].

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] For odd reasons which are, according to the manual, a different default
    I/O scheduler, no preemption and another value for HZ.