Re: GPG key issue

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 09:28:40AM -0000, Francesco Namuri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have become DD in last days, in all my NM process, and in all my debian
> work I used only my first and last name, my doubt is related to my second
> name. I use it only on official/buroccratic documents.
>
> Now I've created a new 4096 GPG key, I've specified also my second name (I
> tought that is more correct), my doubt regards this. Maybe it's a problem
> asking for a replacement of my old key? It's better if I recreate a key
> without my second name?
>
> thanks very much for any advice.

This stuff can be more problematic with family names[1], but it seems to
be quite common for people in Debian with second given names or middle
names (depending on your culture) omit them in their GPG key and nobody
has complained AFAIK :)

Ana

[1] Not in this context but it could make some people not to sign your key.